Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Research conference in Santa Barbara

Few weeks ago I was in Santa Barbara for research conference called Isoscapes 2008 where we learned about GIS and isotope-based models. It was at hotel on the beach. I got to see seveal of my old colleagues from Arizona and Wyoming. Also, I got a lot of good advice on my Colorado project where I am developing a model to calculate the isotopic composition of soil-respired CO2.

After the conference was over, Jarom came up to visit me in Santa Barbara. We went to the beach, then we took a little hike through the hills surrounding Santa Barbara. It was your typical California hike, in that there was several people and surrounded by houses. However, the area was pretty and I saw three new species of birds. That night we went to Hollywood to see the Chinese theater where the Academy Awards are held. It was pretty cool because I have never been to Hollywood before.

Photos are coming!

No comments: