Fairchild Gardens
Like other big cities Miami is a concrete jungle, so thank goodness that there are botanical gardens to go to get away from the city. The largest botanical Garden in Miami is called the Fairchild Gardens and is full of tropical vegetation, ponds, greenhouses, and places to sit and relax. The garden is one of the best Gardens that I have seen. My favorite part is the green houses that are full of orchids, bromeliads, and ferns. The greenhouse is arranged like a large terrarium that you can enter instead of just looking from the outside.(I put pictures of the garden on my websites under Fairchild Gardens and a few pictures on Picasa.) I bought an ice cream made of black sapote fruit that tasted just like chocolate! I was so disappointed that something that looks so good could taste so bad. I ate more of it trying to convince myself that it was not chocolate, while Patricia who loves chocolate was trying to convince yourself that it really tasted like chocolate. If you get a chance to eat black sapote ice cream, you'll be so surprised that it is not chocolate. We have a membership and the garden is close to my house so we can easily go there for a few hours just to relax and get away from the city. At the garden they always have different activities going on such as the bromeliad show on the weekend that we went. Several famous artists, especially outdoor or sculpture artists, place exhibits in the Gardens. Right now Chulully has an exhibit of glassworks which is basically big piles of glass polluting the garden. I do not understand why people like Chulully because it just makes the guard and uglier because it just clashes with the vegetation and the natural beauty. However, the exhibit has been so popular that it has been extended three times.
No comments:
Post a Comment