The last time that I was in a married Ward was when I was 18, living in Yuma. Patricia, of course, has never experienced anything other than our YSA branch. So in reality it is a new experience for both of us. I like having a complete Ward with children, youth, and old people. We have an excellent Ward. Patricia loves having children around. Today was fast and testimony meeting (because stake conferences next week) and Patricia loved hearing the three little girls and a boy who bore their testimony today. Even the mother with the three psychotic young boys who never stopped going crazy during sacrament didn't affect Patricia's opinion that children are all darling. this lady went up to bare her testimony, which meant two of her boys came with her. They were running around screaming, while the bishopric was trying to calm them down and in reality catch them first then try to call them. Patricia just thought that they were funny and cute. The rest of the church wanted to strangle them. It must be nice to be a new member of the church when everything is new and lovely. Everyone is so impressed with Patricia and her vibrant testimony.
I also enjoy not having a calling. In my previous YSA branch I was a clerk for the last 2 1/2 years and a teacher for 1 1/2 of those years, so church meetings were always very busy. An average Sunday was eight to nine hours at the church, but now I go for three hours only. Unfortunately but happily our Bishop has been prompt to give us new callings after only two weeks. Patricia is the Young Women's secretary. She accepted the callings promptly without even knowing what exactly she was accepting. However, today the Young Women's president explained the responsibilities of her calling, and luckily she is still excited. One of the young women is Brazilian and does not know English well. She is so self-conscious that she feels embarrassed to come to church. Patricia will be a big help to this Brazilian girl especially, but I think she will be an excellent secretary and an asset to the entire program. The Primary and the Young Women's organization duke it out for her, and I guess the Young Women's organization won.
I am the assistant clerk, which I think is an ideal calling, because I do not have the early-morning meetings and the responsibility of doing all of the reports. My principal responsibility will be maintaining the membership records, which is a large task in itself. The Ward clerk Has no assistant clerks, so he does as much as he can do himself, which is basically to take care of the financial records. I'm excited to be in the clerk's office again.
No comments:
Post a Comment